- Euklid - CAD/CAM - EN »
- Products »
- EUKLID CAD/CAM »
- CAD »
- Geometry definition »
- Draft surfaces
A geometry’s capacity to demold is a must for tool and model making as well as for casting and forging.
Special EUKLID functions automatically create smooth tangential draft surfaces, with given length and draft angle, onto a plane, or onto a 2D-/3D-curve with variable draft angle.
Characteristics of draft surfaces:
- Draft surfaces are always ruled surfaces, i.e., a straight line in one direction
- may blend tangentially into the surface at a constant draft angle
- or tangentially into the surface or curve (cseg), at a varying draft angle
- starts from a curve at a freely selectable draft angle, or at a varying draft angle
- or through two curves at a varying draft angle